Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking an Accounting Faculty member to join our team.
Directly responsible to the Department Chairperson or appropriate administrator.
1. Guides student learning in the facts, skills, and appreciations pertaining to the assigned courses.
2. Considers the general and special needs of the students, assists them in meeting those needs, and when necessary, seeks additional help from other college services.
3. Informs students of educational and occupational opportunities.
4. Observes schedule as approved by the department chairperson/program coordinator and appropriate administrator.
5. Cooperates with the department chairperson/program coordinator, department members, and the appropriate administrators in the development of the curriculum, in the preparation and update of course syllabi, course outlines, and the selection of textbooks.
6. Recommends library books and other instructional materials.
7. Assists in the organization and meeting of advisory committees where applicable.
8. Consults with department chairperson/coordinator on matters pertaining to departmental issues or concerns; observes proper channels of communications.
9. When needed, maintains an inventory of assigned equipment and supplies.
10. Submits midterm and final grade reports, deficiency notices, attendance records, and any other reports pertaining to the assigned course.
11. Participates in the formation of policies and regulations and assists in enforcing the regulations. Informs department chairperson/program coordinator in writing of any pending problem that might have a detrimental effect on the college.
12. Participates in faculty and professional organizations.
13. Attends scheduled monthly departmental/program meetings when there is no conflict with a professional responsibility.
14. Distributes to all students each term a course outline which covers the class requirements, grading procedure, attendance requirements and objectives the instructor feels are appropriate.
1. Master's degree in Accounting or a Master's degree with 18 graduate hours in Accounting