Astellas is the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry -- not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, Astellas is the place where you can shine.
We offer a different kind of work culture. A high standard of ethics is mandatory. Quality is our pledge. Diversity is valued. Individual initiative is rewarded. Astellas offers an environment where our employees can make a real difference. Come, shine with us!
Astellas is announcing an Internal Audit Manager, J-SOX opportunity in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
The Internal Audit Manager, J-Sox will be responsible for J-SOX scoping and completion of the appropriate testing procedures of financial controls and IT general controls that keep Astellas US in compliance with the Japanese Security and Exchange laws regarding financial reporting requirements (known as "J-Sox"). The Internal Audit Manager, J-Sox will be responsible to assure that adequate and trained resources (auditors) are available to complete the testing procedures in accordance with the time lines specified by the employee responsible for Financial Controls & Governance. This position will be expected to participate in the controls testing procedures and assure that the final documentation of the results meets the stated requirements and communicate testing results to all key stakeholders.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Conduct J-SOX scoping exercise to identify processes and locations to be included for assessment
* Design the testing procedures for all identified key internal controls related with J-Sox requirements.
* Conduct testing of key internal controls as identified by the employee responsible for Financial Controls & Governance.
* Secure, train and manage an appropriate level of contract J-Sox testers to perform testing procedures within the stipulated time frame.
* Document and report on the results of the key control testing results in accordance with the J-Sox requirements and with the guidance from the external auditor (E&Y) to all key stakeholders including Finance and IT Governance, J-SOX Steering Committee, API and EY
* Partners with finance and IS to schedule testing of various key controls such that we have a reasonably balanced time schedule to conduct testing in all designated areas.
During periods of 'downtime' the Internal Audit Manager, J-Sox will assist the internal audit department in the conduct of other audit activities but only to the extent such activity does not interfere with the efficient completion of the J-Sox testing.
Position is required to assist the Assistant Director of IA in managing outsourced audit resources within the assigned budget. Value management is also achieved through thoughtful use of accounting controls; finding the right mix of process controls and management controls that allow Astellas US to demonstrate control of its financial reporting without an onerous number of controls.
Position reports to the Assistant Director Internal Audit and is supported by and manages several audit staff that are skilled in both accounting and IT controls. Presently the support staff is outsourced. Under supervision of the Director, Internal Audit, this position works closely with Finance, IT and operations management in the design of controls and in remediation plans when deficiencies are noted. Position also works closely with external auditor (E&Y) and supports Director Internal Audit in regular communication to J-Sox leadership in API