LSC Communications is a $3.5B Company with over 20,000 employees worldwide that serves the needs of Publishers, Merchandisers and Retailers with innovative product, service and technology offerings that combine print, e-services, warehousing, fulfillment and supply chain management to increase speed to market, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies.
This position will assist the Senior Manager of Accounting Projects and Research in projects related to acquisitions, divestitures, technical and emerging accounting areas, SEC reporting and other financial reporting issues. This highly-visible role requires regular communication with the Senior Manager of Accounting Projects and Research, Corporate Controller and other Corporate department heads, and business unit finance leaders.
- Assist in due diligence procedures and the proper execution of purchase accounting requirements and alignment of accounting policies
- Assist in the coordination and transition of acquired companies
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of information included in earnings releases, annual report, Form 10-K, Proxy Statement, Form 10-Q, Form 8-K and other SEC filings
- Technical research on accounting issues and new accounting standards impacting the SEC reporting process. Remain highly current on all accounting pronouncements and SEC matters
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards
- Update and prepare accounting policy and process documentation
- Assist in the intangible asset and goodwill annual impairment testing and review
Other projects may include: Discounted cash flow modeling, process improvement efforts related to accounting and financial reporting, and preparing documentation supporting accounting conclusions.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting (CPA required)
- Big 4 accounting experience required with current technical accounting research background
- 3 - 5 years of accounting experience and proficient in applying GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and problem solving skills required with a high level of written communications proficiency
- Multi-tasking and managing shifting priorities and deadlines, with attention to detail and an ability to work independently
- Strong technical and analytical skills; solution focus
- Proven ability to respond within short time constraints and meet deadlines, while maintaining accuracy