Summary of Position Responsibility: The Director is responsible for leading the annual budgeting process, developing contemporary and effective financial reporting and analyze new and significant capital expenditures. In addition, the Director will develop forward looking financial models to assist the key staff team and the Board of Governors in developing strategies to attract new members and further satisfy existing members. The Director develops and communicates strategies to ensure that there will be sufficient cash flow to achieve the future goals of the Club, oversees all financial operations and direction for the Club’s broad financial planning and structure.
This position is instrumental in ensuring legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The Director also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management.
* Coordinate, analyze and effectively communicate the financial performance to Management and Board of Governors (financial performance, projections and other special projects as required);
* Prepare short and long-term financial forecasts for use with internal management, the
* Treasurer, Finance Committee, Executive Committee, and Board of Governors;
* Oversee audit and tax reporting functions, coordinate activities with outside audit firms and reviews firm’s performance to ensure the Club is realizing the highest quality service;
* Guide financial decisions: Develop, implement and maintain accounting, financial and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting and reporting, human resources, employee relations, compliance to GAAP and legal requirements, and key purchasing decisions including cost/benefit analysis, financing and leasing analysis and negotiation leadership with vendors;
* Provide status of financial condition of the Club by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
* Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls;
* Ensure compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors, and filing financial reports. Advises management of potential risks;
* Maintain relationships with the Club’s banks and lending institutions;
* Maintain long term capital project schedules, files, budgets, costing and payouts;
* Remain current with Club and industry trends and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance;
* Competent in Human Resource management and serve as authorizing administrator for benefits, payroll, retirement and risk management plans;
* Serve as IT Administrator: researches and provides recommendations for software and hardware programs and updates, system implementation and maintenance that will produce the best reporting and cost-effectiveness.
* Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management (with emphasis on Finance), CPA accreditation required;
* 10 years progressive experience in financial management position that demonstrates major functions, responsibilities and qualifications;
* Long-range planning and financial planning in related industries, including asset reserve studies;
* Effective verbal and written communications skills;
* Word, Excel, PowerPoint, POS systems at an advanced level, and industry specific software experience necessary at least an intermediate level;
* Demonstrate leadership ability for staff management and planning for staff development;
* Ability to strategize short and long term planning to achieve Club’s financial goals;
* Exhibit a positive attitude with members, management and staff;
* Demonstrate continued departmental improvement initiatives with significant organizational skills;
* Support Club policies and procedures, and be open to and contribute to, new or improved methods of operation;
* Maintains affiliations and actively participates in appropriate professional and related industry educational seminars and workshops and conferences to increase knowledge of trends, best practices, skill enhancement and peer group networking.
Additional Salary Information: Compensation for this opportunity to become a key member of the management team in one of the most prestigious Clubs on the North Shore of Chicago is dependent on the knowledge, experience, qualifications and competencies you bring to the position. Rounding out the complete compensation package is a bonus potential, an excellent benefit package including health medical, dental, life/ADD, long-term disability insurance, professional membership, educational and development allowances, data plan allowance, paid vacation time and recognized holidays.
About Exmoor Country Club
Exmoor Country Club is a 501(c)7 member owned private club founded in 1896. The Club features an 18-hole Donald Ross design golf course, varied sports opportunities, fine and diverse culinary experiences and engaging social programs. Exmoor’s rich history and exemplary reputation are at the core of the Club’s approaches to member services.