1) Preparation of financial statements including statements of cash flow.
2) Reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to balance sheet control accounts.
3) Preparation of bank reconciliations.
4) Preparation of adjusting journal entries with appropriate explanations.
5) Ability to prepare excel spread sheets
6) Knowledge and use of computerized bookkeeping and tax return preparation software.
7) Preparation of business, trust and personal income tax returns
8) Prepare responses for IRS tax notices.
9) Write memos to clients and other staff members in clear and proper English.
1) Bachelor degree; with accounting major.
2) Minimum of five years public accounting experience.
3) Current educational updates in field of auditing and taxes.
4) Familiarity with bookkeeping and tax return preparation software.
5) Experienced preparer of business, trust and personal tax returns.
Additional Salary Information: Arrangements will be discussed at interview.
Internal Number: 1
About Melvin J Mayster & Co.
Our professional organization has been in existence for over 60 years. It now includes an attorney and CPAs as staff members. We are a tax preparation and IRS representation service group. We represent estates, trust, corporations, partnerships, LLCs, and high profile individuals.
Our special area of concentration includes real estate, overview of trust's and individual's investments, consultations involving business start-ups, and entities cash flow and operating budgets.