All applications must be submitted on the Planned Parenthood website: https://jobs.lever.co/ppil/f4e698b3-2ec6-46a4-b377-3a0dd6b40901?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=CPA
Or visit ppil.org/careers
Under the general direction of the Finance and Data Strategic Analyst, the General Accounting Manager directs and oversees all general accounting functions and reporting; establishes appropriate internal controls necessary to ensure accurate accumulation and reporting of financial data; prepares and reviews materially-accurate financial reports and ensures the success of the annual internal and external audit(s); manages and forecasts the cash position to ensure that the PPIL has appropriate operating resources.
Essential Duties and Functions:
1. Ensures all financial-related data is posted in the general ledger and provides technical direction to subordinate level activities. Coordinates all general accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory management, fixed assets, cash flow management, financial and funder reporting, budgeting and revenue and expense recording. The posting and analysis should be completed within 15 to 20 calendar days after month end and reported out to the senior management team within the Finance Department.
2. Develops and documents appropriate internal control systems in order to safeguard PPIL assets and financial data integrity. Monitor internal control procedures, including annual fraud risk assessments and coordinating internal audits.
3. Develops and updates financial operating policies and procedures to ensure fiscal compliance, funder regulations, and operational efficiencies. Policies and procedures should be updated accordingly and reviewed in their entirety at least annually.
4. Participates along with the Chief Financial Officer and the Controller in the creation and completion of the Finance Department’s Annual Work Plan and various goals delineated in the plan.
5. Participates along with the Controller and Finance & Data Strategic Analyst, review and update policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
6. Drives quality improvements to the fiscal operations to ensure high-degree of efficiency and effectiveness; seeks and instills best practices in the fiscal operations.
7. Prepares and reviews monthly package including financial statements to ensure accuracy, also prepares ad hoc fiscal reports to be used in analyzing financial performance and restricted funds to assist PPIL and program leadership for strategic planning and forecasting activities.
8. Supports the entire process of the preparation and monitoring of the PPIL’s annual operating budget. Monitors revenue and expense, compares actual to budget with explanation of variance.
9. Supports PPIL during audits (internal and external) and during regulatory filing preparations.
10. Participates in regulatory grant budget constructions and reviews grant budgets before submitting funding applications and proposals.
11. Coordinates the selection, training, and development of assigned departmental personnel. Performs annual evaluations, reviews individual and team work performance, initiates corrective action as needed.
12. Through these activities demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to PPIL core values of access, activism, care, confidentiality, diversity, excellence, integrity, respect, self-determination, and stewardship; practice these values in relations with internal and external customers.
1. Evaluate, direct, and monitor internal control procedures, including all financial transactions.
2. Assist the Controller in formulating financial strategies/reviews in conjunction with the Audit and Finance committee or Board of Directors. Assist Chief Finance Officer in preparing materials for Audit &Finance committee and Board meetings including making presentations when necessary.
3. In conjunction with the Director of Business Operations and Intelligence, develop routine KPI (Key Performance Indicators) management reports such as inventory turnover and shrinkage, service/unit cost accounting reports, staff wage reports by service unit, service contribution reports, collections results, and others as requested. Analyze cost-volume-contribution of types of services.
4. Recruit, train, and supervise the Finance staff in accordance with PPIL personnel policies and the practices delineated in the guidelines for supervisors. Offer recommendations pertaining to department staffing.
5. Assist the Chief Finance Officer and the Chief Operating Officer in analyzing and planning medical service pricing. Assist in evaluating profitability/feasibility of services in changing environment.
6. Maintain relations with other organizations relating to finance including banks, investment advisors, PPFA, etc.
7. Supervise all data processing and computer functions in the Finance Department including NetSuite and Adaptive Insights; assume responsibility for integration of these functions with other PPIL data systems.
8. Performs all other related duties as assigned by senior management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, speak, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers to handle, type, or feel and reach. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Supervisor: Finance & Data Strategic Analyst
Status: Full time, exempt from the overtime provisions of the wages and salary regulations.
Education and Experience:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance is required, as is a minimum of 5 years experience in finance administration, operations management, or general accounting. CPA and/or MBA preferred. Three to five years managerial or supervisory experience required, with a background in a not-for-profit organization preferred. Three to five years experience in insurance billing, collections, and receivables also preferred along with a working knowledge of our general ledger system and budgeting system - NetSuite.
Professional & Personal Qualities: Comprehensive understanding of accounting procedures, experience and demonstrated abilities for working in a fast paced, multi-cultural setting.
Ability to organize, direct, prioritize and delegate tasks appropriately; ability to supervise, lead, instruct and develop employees.
Effective written and oral communication skills to work with all levels of PPIL.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Planned Parenthood works affirmatively to include diversity among its workforce and does not discriminate in the selection of its staff based on factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, income, marital status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position.
About Planned Parenthood of Illinois
Planned Parenthood of Illinois is Illinois' most trusted provider of reproductive health care. Each health center provides preventive services that help women, families and communities stay healthy including: lifesaving cancer screenings, breast health care, well-woman exams, contraceptive services, and sexually transmitted infection prevention and treatment.
Our skilled health care professionals are dedicated to offering men, women, and teens the highest quality medical care and the most affordable products. Caring physicians, nurse practitioners, and other staff take time to talk with patients, encouraging them to ask questions and discuss their feelings in a confidential setting.
- See more at: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/planned-parenthood-illinois/who-we-are#sthash.6TxC9SMt.dpuf