CCIM Institute’s accounting team is looking to add a talented Senior Staff Accountant to join a dynamic group of professionals that are dedicated to advancing the commercial real estate profession.
Based in Chicago, CCIM is a professional association with over 12,000 members around the world. CCIM recognizes an elite group with the commercial real estate industry’s top professional designation. CCIM also provides continued education and training to current and aspiring industry professionals, technology offerings that enable members to do more deals, and a network that is unparalleled. CCIM also has a 20-year history of advancing diversity within the commercial real estate industry. But we’re not just invested in our members - we’re also invested in our people. We know that our overall success is a combined effort, and we strive to provide opportunities for our staff to learn, grow and thrive. Visit www.ccim.com/careers to learn more about our culture and work environment. We look forward to hearing how you’d like to impact CCIM’s future.
And, while work experience and educational preparation are certainly important, we don’t hire resumes. We hire talented individuals based on our culture and values – the core of which centers around our commitment to uphold a supportive work environment that fosters trust and mutual respect.
Your Core Contributions To The Team
- Prepare financial statements and other accounting reports which accurately reflect the financial position of the Institute and subsidiary.
- Coordinate the accounting processes in all departments to ensure accurate and timely posting of revenue and expense.
- Prepare necessary journal entries for month end and year end accounting closes.
- Maintain reconciliations of accounting records to general ledger.
- Maintain effective and appropriate accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Review various controls within the revenue process and AMS database to ensure controls are designed and operating effectively.
- Monitor and remediate policies as necessary.
- Perform the accounts receivable function including the timely preparation of invoices, timely processing of receipts, handle vendor and member requests. Work with the bank and credit card processors on collection/payment issues. This includes management of the accounts receivable module in Business Central for Institute and collection of past due invoices.
- Work with Membership and Education to ensure that needs are met and assist when needed to ensure revenue integrity is maintained.
- Manage the fixed asset process, reconciliation of the subledger using the module in Business Central to ensure assets are capitalized in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure the revenue ties to the association management system and all related deferred revenue balance accounts are reconciled. Troubleshoot and reconcile any exceptions.
- Assist in annual audit process by preparing and gathering documents requested.
- Perform analysis of actual performance versus budget and conduct research in areas that require follow-up.
- Assist in creation of annual operating budget for the Institute.
Knowledge and abilities
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a finance or accounting position.
- Demonstrated proficient skills with Microsoft Office Suite, including strong excel skills; as well as, knowledge of general ledger software and various other accounting software; Business Central experience preferred.
Education, certification, licenses
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. CPA preferred.
Qualifications and other skills
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must maintain the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality.
- Interacts with a wide variety of people using tact and diplomacy.
- Exercises attention to detail and is able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
What We Provide You
CCIM works hard to provide benefits that make your life better. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and business travel insurance.
- A 401(k) plan with company match.
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific healthcare and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- To help you manage your work and life needs we offer a life assistance program, free gym access, and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off program, including vacation, sick, personal, summer flex time, and volunteer days.
All The Other Stuff
This position reports to our Chief Financial Officer and is an exempt position.
CCIM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. In 2018, CCIM won the Welcoming Environment Organizational award for demonstrating that it engages people in an authentic manner – where uniqueness is valued, respected and supported through opportunities and interaction.
The job functions listed above represent the primary duties and responsibilities of this job and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by you. Other duties and responsibilities within the scope of this job may be assigned. You will be required to follow all instructions and to perform all duties requested by your manager; subject to reasonable accommodations and within the scope of the position.